BID Renewal Ballot 2018-2023
In March 2018, businesses will vote on the future of the Leamington Business Improvement District (BID) for the period to 2023. The BID has brought many benefits to the town and local businesses over the last ten years. Now it is time to renew your BID so we can continue to build on these assets for a further five years.
This is a critical decision for Royal Leamington Spa. Many would suggest that given the changes facing our town centre on the horizon, there has never been a more important time to have the support and representation BID Leamington provides.
You will find information about our plans for the continual improvement of the town in the new Business Plan 2018-2023 which is available to view in hard copy on request and can be downloaded below. This document talks about what has been achieved, what we will do and outlines our vision and pledge to help you prosper in the future. You will also find information about the ballot process and why we think you should vote ‘YES’.
As set out below we have also compiled a range of summary information and video content to help inform your decision. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to meet or have any questions. There is no doubt there is more to do – but there is also no doubt there is more to lose by not investing at this crucial time in the life of our town.
Finding Key Information
This is an important decision so we have prepared a range of materials to help inform your decision. Please click on the links below to find out more or contact us and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- The BID Proposal Document – Business Plan 2018-2023 (and below)
- Why Voting Matters for Your Town, Business & Customers
- In Your Words – Videos from the Community
- Common Questions & Answers
- PDF Downloads of Operating Documents
DID YOU KNOW? We also have a closed ‘BID Leamington Retailers Info & Updates’ Facebook Group which we set up to keep local business owners and managers more closely informed about activities. It is alive with information, tips and discussions. If you wish to join please click here.
Dates & Documents
In the coming weeks business owners and managers will receive a number of important documents by post:
- In early January a ‘Voter Nomination‘ letter will be posted out confirming where ballot papers will be sent. If you receive this and need your documents sent to an alternative address please complete and return the form in the envelope provided.
- On 14th February the ‘Notice of Ballot‘ will arrive. This is for information only.
- Finally, on the 1st March ‘Voting Papers‘ will arrive. Businesses will have 28 days to return the papers to the Electoral Reform Service (ERS) in London by post.
- Ballot Papers must be received by ERS in London by 5pm on Wednesday 28th March for your vote to be counted.
Please take the time to read and digest this information and call us on 01926 470 634 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.